Communication and News
Network application such as web browsers
Save them safely in your open source personal cloud, access them anywhere, anytime with the mobile application and share them with the world or just your friends and colleagues. You can host your own Cozy Cloud, and or use the hosting services. Your freedom to chose is why you can trust us.
All-in-one voice and text chat for gamers that's free, secure, and works on both your desktop and phone.
EiskaltDC++ is a cross-platform program that uses the Direct Connect and Advanced Direct Connect protocols. It is compatible with DC++, AirDC++, FlylinkDC++ and other DC clients. EiskaltDC++ also interoperates with all common DC hub software.
Currently supported systems (in order of decreasing importance): GNU/Linux, macOS, MS Windows, FreeBSD, Haiku and GNU/Hurd.
- Highly customizable user interface
- User interface is translated to many languages
- Encryption of traffic
- Multi-threaded download of files
- Support of binding to specific network interface or address
- Support of UPnP (Universal Plug and Play)
- Support of PFSR (partial file sharing)
- Support of DHT (Distributed Hash Table)
- Support of case-sensitive file lists
- Lists of downloaded and uploaded files
- Lists of public and favorite hubs
- Lists of favorite users
- List of active transfers
- Flexible search with the ability to group results
- Flexible settings for downloading files
- Indicator of free space on disk
- Support of IP filter and basic antispam
- Search spy
- ADL search
- Full-featured chat
- User commands on hub
- Flexible keyboard shortcuts settings
- Text and sound notifications for different events
- Flexible settings for files hashing
- Special tool for calculating of TTH for any file
- Support of limitations of download/upload speed
- Support of limitations by size of shared files
- Support of handling of magnet links, web magnet links and hub links
- Support of automatic replies to private messages when user is inactive
- Support of IDNA (recognition of national domain names)
- Support of URL encoded strings for hub addresses
Ferdi is your messaging app / former Emperor of Austria and combines chat & messaging services into one application. Ferdi currently supports Slack, WhatsApp, WeChat, HipChat, Facebook Messenger, Telegram, Google Hangouts, GroupMe, Skype and many more. You can download Ferdi for free for Mac & Windows.
Galacteek is a simple Qt5-based browser and toolbox for the IPFS peer-to-peer network. It contains tools to access and publish content over IPFS, and allows you to make search queries with the ipfs-search.com search engine.
Learn more about IPFS at ipfs.io
Geph (迷霧通) is a modular Internet censorship circumvention system designed specifically to deal with national filtering.
Kaidan is a simple, user-friendly Jabber/XMPP client providing a modern user-interface using Kirigami and QtQuick. The back-end of Kaidan is entirely written in C++ using the qxmpp XMPP client library and Qt 5.
Kaidan is not finished yet, so don’t expect it working as well as a finished client will do.
For a list of supported XEPs, have a look at the Wiki.
Lagrange is a desktop GUI client for browsing Geminispace. It offers modern conveniences familiar from web browsers, such as smooth scrolling, inline image viewing, multiple tabs, visual themes, Unicode fonts, bookmarks, history, and page outlines.
Like the Gemini protocol, Lagrange has been designed with minimalism in mind. It depends on a small number of essential libraries. It is written in C and uses SDL for hardware-accelerated graphics. OpenSSL is used for secure communications.
This project is an independent fork of Firefox, with the primary goals of privacy security and user freedom. It is the community run successor to LibreFox.
LibreWolf uses more than 500 privacy/security/performance settings, patches, LibreWolf-Addons (optional) and is designed to minimize data collection and telemetry as much as possible (updater, crashreporter and Firefox’s integrated addons that don’t respect privacy are removed).
LibreWolf is NOT associated with Mozilla or its products.
- Latest Version of Firefox: LibreWolf is compiled directly from the latest build of Firefox Stable. You will have the the latest features, and security updates.
- Completely Independent Build: LibreWolf uses a completely independent build from Firefox and has its own settings, profile folder and installation path. As a result, it can be installed alongside Firefox or any other browser.
- Settings protection: important settings are enforced/locked within librewolf.cfg and policies.json, those settings cannot be changed by addons/updates/LibreWolf itself or unwanted/accidental manipulation; To change those settings you can easily do it by editing librewolf.cfg and policies.json.
- LibreWolf-addons: set of optional LibreWolf extensions
- Statistics disabled: telemetry and similar functions are disabled
- Tested settings: settings are performance aware
- Recommended and code reviewed addons list
- And much more…
Browse, search and manage accounts, replays and more without the need of an actual account on Live.me.
Mumble is an open source, low-latency, high quality voice chat software primarily intended for use while gaming.
Pennywise – MacOS application that allows you to open URLs in a floating window that always stays on top.
Psi is a powerful XMPP client designed for experienced users. It is highly portable and runs on GNU/Linux, MS Windows, macOS, FreeBSD and Haiku.
- Native look and feel on all supported systems
- Highly customizable user interface
- Secure connections and end-to-end encryption
- User interface is translated to many languages
Psi+ is a development branch of Psi with rolling release development model. Users who wants to receive new features and bug fixes very quickly may use Psi+ on daily basis. Users who do not care about new trends and prefer constancy may choose Psi as it uses classical development model and its releases are quite rare.
Qortal Project - decentralize the world - Data storage, communications, web hosting, decentralized trading, complete infrastructure for the future blockchain-based Internet
Safe Surfer Desktop is an Electron based app, which sets the Safe Surfer DNS settings for you (on a device, not network).
Take a screenshot using one of the 3 hotkeys or simply click the ScreenCloud tray icon. You can choose where you want to save your screenshot. Several cloud services as well as local storage is supported. A built-in screenshot editor lets you annotate your screenshots to highlight the important parts!
- Open Source and cross-platform(Windows, Mac & Linux)
- Fast and easy: Snap a photo, paste the link, done!
- Plugin support, save to Dropbox, Imgur, etc
- Built in screenshot editor
Spectral is a glossy, cross-platform client for Matrix, the decentralized communication protocol for instant messaging.
- Qt 5-based tray application for Syncthing
- Provides quick access to most frequently used features but does not intend to replace the official web UI
- Shows Syncthing notifications
- Can read the local Syncthing configuration file for quick setup when just connecting to local instance
- Can show the status of the Syncthing systemd unit and allows to start and stop it
- Provides quick access to the official web UI
- Allows quickly switching between multiple Syncthing instances
The qBittorrent project aims to provide an open-source software alternative to µTorrent. Additionally, qBittorrent runs and provides the same features on all major platforms (FreeBSD, Linux, macOS, OS/2, Windows). qBittorrent is based on the Qt toolkit and libtorrent-rasterbar library.
- Polished µTorrent-like User Interface
- Well-integrated and extensible Search Engine Simultaneous search in many Torrent search sitesCategory-specific search requests (e.g. Books, Music, Software)
- RSS feed support with advanced download filters (incl. regex)
- Many Bittorrent extensions supported: Magnet linksDistributed hash table (DHT), peer exchange protocol (PEX), local peer discovery (LSD)Private torrentsEncrypted connectionsand many more...
- Remote control through Web user interface, written with AJAX
- Sequential downloading (Download in order)
- Advanced control over torrents, trackers and peers Torrents queueing and prioritizingTorrent content selection and prioritizing
- Bandwidth scheduler
- Torrent creation tool
- IP Filtering (eMule & PeerGuardian format compatible)
- IPv6 compliant
- UPnP / NAT-PMP port forwarding support
- Available on all platforms: Windows, Linux, macOS, FreeBSD, OS/2
- Available in ~70 languages
ttth (talk to the hand) is an electron based desktop app for online services like WhatsApp-Web, Threema-Web, Telegram-Web, Google and several other services.