Applications for presenting, creating, or processing multimedia (audio/video)
Audacity® is a free, easy-to-use, multi-track audio editor and recorder for Windows, macOS, GNU/Linux and other operating systems. The interface is translated into many languages.
You can use Audacity to:
- Record live audio
- Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs
- Edit WAV, AIFF, FLAC, MP2, MP3 or Ogg Vorbis sound files
- Cut, copy, splice or mix sounds together
- Change the speed or pitch of a recording
- Apply a wide range of other effects to audio recordings
GitHub Download Website Bugtracker FAQ Help Help translating
GSequencer provides you various tools to play, create, edit and mix your own music. It features a step sequencer, piano roll, automation and wave-form editor.
Gifcurry is your open source video to GIF maker built with Haskell. Import a video, trim, crop, add text, pick a font, set the size, and save your creation as a GIF or a video. Making GIFs with Gifcurry is fun so try it out!
IrScrutinizer is a powerful program for capturing, generating, analyzing, importing, and exporting of infrared (IR) signals. For capturing and sending IR signals several different hardware sensors and senders are supported. IR Signals can be imported not only by capturing from one of the supported hardware sensors (among others: IrWidget, Global Caché, and Arduino), but also from a number of different file formats (among others: LIRC, Wave, Pronto Classic and professional, RMDU (partially), and different text based formats; not only from files, but also from the clipboard, from URLs, and from file hierarchies), as well as the Internet IR Databases by Global Caché and by IRDB. Imported signals can be decoded, analyzed, edited, and plotted. A collection of IR signal can thus be assembled and edited, and finally exported in one of the many supported formats. In addition, the program contains the powerful IrpMaster IR-renderer, which means that almost all IR protocols known to the Internet community can be generated.
MKVToolNix is a set of tools to create, alter and inspect Matroska files under Linux, other Unices and Windows.
MellowPlayer is a free, open source and cross-platform desktop application that integrates online music services with your desktop.
MoonPlayer is an interesting player that lets you to enjoy videos. It can play the video online, download it or just open the local videos.
A simple, clean and cross-platform music player, written with Node.js, Electron and React.js.
Olive — свободный нелинейный видеоредактор, задуманный как полноценная замена закрытым коммерческим продуктам.
Multi-platform clone of the classic music making software "ProTracker" (version 2.3D) from the Commodore Amiga days. Aims to work exactly like you remember it, with added features and fixes.
Open source personal teleprompter software for all video creators. Built with ease of use, fast performance, control accuracy, and cross-platform support in mind. QPrompt's convergent user interface can run on Linux, Windows, macOS, and Android.
Strawberry is a music player and music collection organizer. It is a fork of Clementine released in 2018 aimed at music collectors, audio enthusiasts and audiophiles. The name is inspired by the band Strawbs. It's based on a heavily modified version of Clementine created in 2012-2013. It's written in C++ and Qt 5.
- Play and organize music
- Supports most popular audio formats and CD playback
- Native desktop notifications
- Playlists in multiple formats
- Advanced audio output and device configuration for bit-perfect playback on Linux
- Edit tags on music files
- Fetch tags from MusicBrainz
- Album cover art from Last.fm, Musicbrainz, Discogs, Musixmatch, Deezer, Tidal, Qobuz and Spotify
- Song lyrics from AudD, Genius, Musixmatch, ChartLyrics, lyrics.ovh and lololyrics.com
- Support for multiple backends
- Audio analyzer and equalizer
- Transfer music to iPod, iPhone, MTP or mass-storage USB player
- Scrobbler with support for Last.fm, Libre.fm and ListenBrainz
- Streaming support for Subsonic
Streamlink is a command-line utility which pipes video streams from various services into a video player, such as VLC. The main purpose of Streamlink is to avoid resource-heavy and unoptimized websites, while still allowing the user to enjoy various streamed content.
Syncplay synchronises the position and play state of multiple media players so that the viewers can watch the same thing at the same time. This means that when one person pauses/unpauses playback or seeks (jumps position) within their media player then this will be replicated across all media players connected to the same server and in the same 'room' (viewing session). When a new person joins they will also be synchronised. Syncplay also includes text-based chat so you can discuss a video as you watch it (or you could use third-party Voice over IP software to talk over a video).
A tag editor with Qt GUI and command-line interface.
- iTunes-style MP4/M4A tags (MP4-DASH is supported)
- ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags (conversion between ID3v1 and different versions of ID3v2 is possible)
- Vorbis, Opus and FLAC comments in Ogg streams (cover art via "METADATA_BLOCK_PICTURE" is supported)
- Vorbis comments and "METADATA_BLOCK_PICTURE" in raw FLAC streams
- Matroska/WebM tags and attachments
- extensive options regarding the file layout (padding, position of tags)
- displaying technical information such as the ID, format, language, bitrate, duration, size, timestamps, sampling frequency, FPS and other information of the tracks
- allows inspecting and validating the element structure of MP4 and Matroska files
VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework that plays most multimedia files as well as DVDs, Audio CDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols.
Videomass is a cross-platform GUI designed for FFmpeg enthusiasts who need to manage custom profiles to automate conversions/transcoding processes.
It is based on an advanced use of presets and profiles in order to use most of the FFmpeg commands without limits of formats and codecs.
It features graphical tools for viewing, analyzing and processing multimedia streams and downloading videos via youtube-dl.
Videomass is written in Python3 with the wxPython-Phoenix toolkit.
fre:ac is a free and open source audio converter. It comes with an integrated tag editor and converts between various formats.
- Support for MP3, MP4/AAC, Opus, FLAC and other formats
- Integrated player and tag editor
- Support for playlists, cue sheets and chapters
- Fast, multi-threaded conversion engine
- Ability to convert to multiple formats at once
- Can verify lossless input and output files
- Support for freedb/CDDB queries and submits
- Support for using command line codecs
- User interface available in 40+ languages
- Optional command line interface
A SoundFont synthesizer capable of playing MIDI files from the command line, and doing MIDI->WAV conversions. This uses the CL-MeltySynth library for synthesis.
Movie Monad is a free and simple to use video player made with Haskell. You can play files on your computer or stream videos from the web. Movie Monad gets out of the way so you can watch the videos you love. Try it out.